Thursday, January 15, 2009

Male Valentine Treat

A friend asked me to come up with something fun but male themed for her 9 year old son for the Valentines exchange at school. She preferred not to do a sports theme or candy and she had a lot of super neat pencils.

So we went with pencil boxes. Super easy and it's something he can help stamp and color in. Would make a fun teacher gift or class project! We used the lizard from The Angel Company and the candy hearts from Close to My Heart stampsets. Colored in with Close to My Heart Markers. Could easily be done with markers, crayons or pencil colors.
I know many girls also like critters so if you wanted to fancy it up or use girl oriented stamps, papers and colors you certainly could. Sand or distress the "to / from tag", double mat, add some bling and you are done!
I found the template for the pencil box on line. They offered several sizes to accomodate 3 or more pencils. If you print them they will show the fold lines, but since we are doing 27 we ran with it anyway! lol


1 comment:

Nellie Mae said...

I love this!! It is a great idea for my little brother! Thanks for sharing. When you get a chance, go check out my blog, I have an award for you!