Thursday, April 16, 2009

Book Mark and Holder


Sometimes we need something simple and easy to mail. Many are readers so bookmarks are useful and decorative. Make a matching holder and you have a great set!

Use a piece of 6-1/4 x 12 inch cardstock, cut your bookmark and holder, then score your holder.
Make your slit for your flap to slide in.
Decorate with scraps or something new and fun. I used Close to My Heart Silhouette papers.
I used one of the Silhouette stickease rounded tags on the bookmark then trimmed around it for a more decorative edge. Punched a hole to decorate.

Many ways and items to use for decorating. I don't recommend thicker ribbon or larger beads on the bookmark as it may not fit in the holder when closed. I used waxy flax and a spiral. There is also a clear "love" charm tied on.

Many options for themes.

No comments: