Tuesday, April 28, 2009

"The Day I Was Born" Layout

This was a challenge from a special friend Sydney, and it was just that! I as several my age have limited photos of my birth, and most are an odd size and have the dates printed on the sides. I didn't have a lot to journal as I am not the "star is born" or most beautiful baby type for myself! lol I handwrote the journaling tabs because I was out of printer ink.

I used the photos and a link from some workshops I taught for customers 2 years ago to get the "tidbits" on my birth year.
http://dmarie.com/timecap/step1.asp gives prices, wages, songs, books, events and other information about the year you or someone else was born. It was fun to see that postage stamps were 3 cents and gas was 29 cents a gallon.

Papers were Close to My Heart "Daydream Level 2" and added my baby bracelet on the layout.

I am deciding if I want to add more embellishments and print the "tidbits" or leave them. If you haven't done a page on yourself take the challenge!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like how this turned out Cathy. Kristin