Saturday, April 4, 2009

"Use those Eyelets" Easter layout

I have several customers asking what to do with extra eyelets. Obviously you can use a few on cards and layouts, but when we purchase an entire pack we usually have many of the same color- style left.

I took a piece of cardstock, penciled a few scrolls down one side (you can use a template or left over area from chipboard embellishments) , get as fancy as you like. Added some Easter egg eyelets. Add as many as you like.
Then I took a black pen and traced over the pencil markings.

Next added a few other little lines. You can stamp, draw dots or diamonds~ what ever you like to go with your theme.

Easter tag and a photo mat
Words can be added for your Easter Prince or Princess if you wanted. You can do this with stars, birthday cake, baby item or any eyelets to use them up. Then add what ever bling, ribbon or decorations you like for the occassion.

2 comments:

thescrapqueen said...

Very cute idea Cathy. I have oodles of eyelets and some wonderful doodle templates. This would be an easy project to do with no pictures out...just add the pictures later.
thanks!!

Dana said...

Cathy,
I LOVE this one!! I was thinking about doing something similar, but wasn't sure how it would turn out... Now, I guess I know!
Thanks!