Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Altered Puzzles & Soot Stamping


Same stamp- 2 separate projects.



Everyone loves puzzles sometime! Teens, younger kids, seniors and even us!


Alter single pieces for jewelry or card/ scrapbook embellishments or do an entire puzzle! Even use them for a card!

They come in a variety of sizes and thicknesses. The above photo is full puzzle that will be slightly attached to the card for the receiver to take apart if they like.

This puzzle was heavily gloss coated, I sanded lightly to remove some. It is not finished, I will remove some of the brown chalk on the limgs, stipple in more winter coloring to the background and go over the white areas again. Because I am using chalks and inks to color I have sealed some in between.

I love this stamp and have used it a lot in the past few years, but find it hard to color-shade correctly. And it is larger!
I was multitasking and did some puzzles, as the inks were drying I did soot stamping on glossy cardstock.


I love soot stamping. Use glossy cardstock and a candle. Hold the cardstock directly over a burning candle until coated, stamp and it will remove only the soot it touches. Spray with a sealer and wala! Be careful handling while stamping and sealing if the soot touches anything it will remove it until sealed. I use a spray sealer in a well ventilated area.
Easier to do smaller stamps when you try it, less area for mistakes. Sometimes your edges may catch on fire and that's fine it adds some character and age to your art.














No comments: