Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Using Scraps for Jewelry


Pins a are wonderful way to use your scraps. Quick!! Great for a gift, easy and inexpensive to mail. The snowman is still damp and has a lot of Glitz so it looks a little fuzzy yet.
Can be left over patterned paper and cardstock or stamp your own image, holiday or any theme you have or desire.

You will need about 2 inch pieces or patterned or stamped image on a nice cardstock, then your back will be 1/2 inch larger. I used some thick cardstock and patterned paper in the snowman and cardstock seahorse remnant, then corrugated cardstock on the lady. Make rounds or ovals pieces if you prefer or it works better with your scraps.

You will need to seal these after you put the pieces together and easier before adding the pin back. I prefer Close to My Heart Liquid glass (self leveling and forgiving) you can use Modge Podge. Then add Stickles, I prefer Close to My Heart if I want more dimension, or you could use glitter if you like.

Allow to dry before adding crystals or other bling. You might also like to add ribbon, tiny beads, bells or mini buttons if you want to get fancier.

No comments: